Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I is for Iama

I once called myself Iama the Terrible when teasing Grace. Now I fear she takes the name all too seriously. Perhaps I have become a bit terrible since Nathalie left. I have to be, in order to support myself and Grace. Now it breaks my heart to see Grace making up stories about how Nathalie is coming back. I don’t want her to get her hopes up. There’s no point in deluding ourselves with fantasies. It will only make reality harder to deal with. 

Nathalie is gone. As miserable as it makes me, I have to face that fact. Grace does, too. Coming up with stories where golden apples save the day or a clockwork teddy bear returns from far away lands with Nathalie will only disappoint Grace. 


Yes, I’m terrible. I’m being terrible for Grace’s sake. You can just for yourself when you read 'Wind Me Up, One More Time', if the scribbler ever finishes it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment