Monday, April 23, 2018

T is for Thomas

Who am I? I thought I was dead, perhaps in one of the many hells I had nightmares about in my previous life. The Voice of Seraphix brought me back from that, returned me to my parents and sister. 

Or did he? I’m not sure if my current family is truly mine. They may be weak and worthless, but they’re still better than the father I remember. Not that I recall much about him, only that he always made me feel weak and worthless. 

I’d rather it was someone other than me who gets to be the weakling this time. Omphalos is filled with potential weaklings, especially those twins at the Old Cottage, Danyel and Tayel. Ugh, no boy should ever be as pretty as those two. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were really girls in disguise. Maybe I’ll get close and find out, only those frail brats are a lot stronger than they look. They’ve already beaten me a couple of times, not that I’m going to let that go. 

They’ll be really sorry, along with everyone else in Omphalos. I hate everyone here, everything, too. 

The only thing I like is the talisman around my neck. It allows me to talk to him, my own personal godling. His name is Seraphix. Yes, other people claim to have talked to him, too, but they’re just posers, pretending they’re better than they are. Seraphix is my godling, not theirs. He’s going to make all my dreams come true. He’ll change me into someone Danyel won’t be able to look down on, regardless how good he is at this ‘Dance’ his mother has taught him. Such a prissy term for fighting moves, but I can’t deny they worked. We’ll see, once I change and become one with Seraphix, Danyel will beg to be my friend. None will be able to resist me. 

Only I don’t know what’ll happen to me once I change. What happens to Thomas once I become Seraphix?

Oh, who cares? I didn’t like my life in Omphalos anyway. What’s wrong with changing into someone new? It’s not like I’m giving up anything that great.

I’ve just got to remember how much I’m going to make everyone regret ever looking down on me, once I chance. You’ll see, once this stupid scribbler finishes and publishes A Godling for Your Thoughts. I’ll show all of you just what I’m capable of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment