Tuesday, April 12, 2022

J is for Jupitre

Don’t you recognize me, mortal? Don’t you quiver at the sound of my name? Once you wouldn’t have dared to give me that blank expression. There was a time when your kind trembled at my feet, begging me for mercy. There was a time you would have quivered at the very mention of me!

That was before you forgot the gods and me along with them. You stopped worshipping me. Now look at me. A tired old man who’s a mere shadow of himself, a minor character in the scribbler’s blog posts and her Works in Progress. I don’t even get as much attention as my wife! Never marry your twin sister. She’s too clever, too greedy for power, too possessive of you, too much like you to be your bride. I was just hungry to get close to her. She thought our love was forever, that it would be just myself and her after I took her. There’s was no need to get so upset because I sought companionship elsewhere. I always came back to her. Now I’m trapped at her side, an after thought in her life in Omphalos. Do I get to have any fun in this place? Well, yes, but I don’t have nearly the attention and adoration I deserve. Give it to me, mortal, or I’ll smile you with my lightning bolt. Fine, I no longer have my lightning bolt, taunt me over that misfortune as well. You’d better watch out. I’ll going to get my power back. Once I do, you shall experience my true glory. Just watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment