Wednesday, April 13, 2022

K is for Kevin

You might say I came with the bar in this fantasy setting, this fantasy keep. The tavern has become quite the trope in roleplaying games. The story I’m part of, Trouble at Caerac Keep was inspired by a roleplaying game. I was the voice of the people at The Tipsy Hedgehog, someone who could give Rhodry and his friends, well, allies a little help and advice. It was possible I might have to be rescued at some point.

Thanks to Blogging From AZ and P.T. Wyant’s Wednesday Words, I fleshed out, becoming so much more than this. At first I was someone who wasn’t creeped out by Rhodry being Serpent-Born. If anything, I found him quite beautiful. I started to take off in these blog posts, becoming much more than someone working at a tavern. I was not only Maggie’s assistant and adopted son (Maggie is a former adventurer and the owner of The Tipsy Hedgehog), I had an entire mysterious past of my own. A past I hope our scribbler will explore, even if she doesn’t get to it in Trouble at Caerac Keep.

I really hope she does get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment