Thursday, April 14, 2022

L is for Leiwell

Dyvian, my brothers, my mothers, and I were all born for a roleplaying game. We grew very close to our scribbler’s heart and other people’s hearts, so close we were revised and relocated to The Keep.

We were reborn and revised once more when our scribbler lost faith in Stealing Myself From Shadows. She tried to revise that story with us, ending up with two novels in progress; The Hand and Eye of the Tower as well as Stealing Myself From Shadows. We not only became part of a series of novels in progress, but crept into many a story posted at this blog and at inspirationcauldron.wordpress.com.

One persistent theme has always been true for me from my first incarnation to now. I’ve always been about self-sacrifice. Perhaps I’ve become one with the Hanged Man in Tarot decks for the scribbler. I’m always sacrificing myself for my family, my little brothers, and my master.

Much has changed, making my family and myself no longer linked by blood, but magic and myth in the Shadow Forest. We’ve still formed a family with a strong bond, living together, trying to create a tangible existence together.

Another persistent theme is that my love for my family conflicts with my love for my master. I’m divided in my loyalties, more divided than ever. The scribbler has made Dyvian far more complex than his previous incarnations. I’m not sure if whatever I am isn’t as bad or worse than what my brothers believe my master to be. I’m not sure of many things, including what our scribbler is up to. I have a sinking feeling we will find out. It may be hard to hold onto happiness when we do, but I’m going to try. For the sake of everyone precious to me, I will hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment