Monday, April 18, 2022

O is for Oleander

I was born when A Godling for Your Thoughts? was conceived, one of the novels in progress for Tales of the Navel. The idea that Seraphix could manifest and grow stronger, becoming more of a godling, more of a god with Their Followers wishes gave birth to me. I’m Thomas’s wish made flesh, his living link to Seraphix, his heart’s desire. A beautiful boy with the same name as a poisionous flower, blooming from Thomas’s desires, in spite of Thomas’s denial of those desires. Twisted, isn’t it? Here I am, bringing Thomas closer to his god, making him a part of his god, yet he scorns me. He scorns me and wants me at the same time. He wants to be me, yet he never can. Is it any surprise I’m a little wicked, a little poisonous, considering my source. I could offer Thomas salvation along with a chance to admit what he wants. Whether he takes them or not depends on if he has the courage to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment